This card was produced in partnership with the Stop Digital Voter Suppression Project.
You may not realize that you can actually spread disinformation when trying to debunk it. Repeating false or misleading information can actually spread it and give it more power. Studies show the best way to smother lies and amplify truth is to use the “Truth Sandwich” method.
This simple strategy involves three steps:
- State the facts. (do the research first).
- Debunk the lie without repeating it.
- Repeat the true facts.
The date for the 2020 election is now November 3.
- Facts: The date for voting in-person for the 2020 election has not changed. Most states also allow early in-person voting.
- Debunk: All states must hold official in-person voting on Election Day – every four years on the first Tuesday after November 1.
- Facts: Election Day 2020 in-person voting is November 3 in every state.