People in Georgia are being targeted with disinformation about voting.
You are eligible to vote in Georgia’s Runoff election if:
- You have registered to vote by December 7,
- You’re a citizen of the United States,
- You’re a legal resident of Georgia.
- You’re voting in the county you live in.
- You’ll be 18 years old by January 5.
You can register here.
The deadline to register is December 7.
Early voting starts on December 14.
Election day is January 5.
If you’re voting in person you need a photo ID:
- Any state or federal issued photo ID
- A Georgia Driver’s license (even if expired)
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
If you don’t have an ID, you can get one free at any county registrar’s office or Dept of Driver’s Services. Click here for details.
The only Georgia residents who can’t vote are:
- Children under 18.
- Convicted felons who haven’t completed their sentence, probation or parole, or paid all fees.
- People who have been found mentally incompetent by a judge.
- Anyone NOT registered to vote by December 7.
State of Georgia. Register to Vote
Department of Georgia Driver Services. Voter ID